Sunday, April 19, 2015

30 Days of Yoga with Adriene

Good Morning,

What a beautiful morning it is today. The weather is absolutely incredible! I can't believe that spring is already here, I have waited so long to finally be able to say that. The weather has been playing tricks on us here on the east coast, first it would be hot and sunny, next it would be rainy, then snow out of nowhere, but now I'm confident to say that spring is here!

photo taken from YouTube.com 
Spring is always a wonderful time to go into a challenge. The morning sunshine allows for a natural early wake-up call. The chirping of birds sounds like an alarm clock or a secret message from the universe urging you to get up and work out. This month, April, I decided to do the 30 Day Yoga Challenge put on by Adriene. Since I have been getting into pilates and going back to the gym for some intense cardio and abs, I figured the best way for me to get back into yoga was with a challenge. If I complete all 30 days I have promised myself a new handmade yoga mat bag from Amazon and my boyfriend claims that if I finish the challenge he will get me something as well, I am very excited to find out if that will happen... I tend to quit things a lot, so this will test me mentally as well as physically.

photo taken from YouTube.com 
I just finished day six in the challenge and boy was it fun, it was all about my core muscles, and after the workout I truly felt like my abs got a great workout. I realized that since doing pilates my core strength has improved, but I still have a long way to go. Tonight I have Pop Pilates workouts to finish,  and it's all about the legs and thighs, as if my legs weren't sore already.

Hope you have a beautiful, fit, balanced, and wonderful day.

XOXO

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment